Once every pieces were properly sanded, it was time to do the dreaded step : the assembly. I first started with a mock assembly with clamps to make sure everything was alright.
I decided to glue and screw the different pieces together, I could have used other techniques but with this one I knew that I would limit the amount of bad surprise.
Those were the steps where I was worried a lot because I realized everything was very straight.
Then after some more adjustments and sanding I added the seal and the bar for the hands. Every hole was covered with wood paste. I finally put 2 coats of varnish.
To finish it up I used a sewing machine to make a small cushion for the seal (leatherette and cushion stuffing) and decorative reins.
I’m rather happy with the final result, could have been better but still a beautiful gift which pleased my sister (and my niece) a lot.